Saturday, June 16, 2007

Turkeylets

Everyone, meet White and Dark [meat.] I am rais'n two turkeys from chick that I ordered form a store. They are cute but a little noisy. At night they are in a vacant room in the cabin to avoid predation, and they have access to night light for heat. During day light, they are kept outside in a rectangular structure that I put together in 5 minutes, but looks professionally done.
I don't know what my intension is for raising them. I thought it would be nice by having turkeys where kids might see them, since I live in a nature center facility. I was told that turkey can be mean...we will see.
Turkey chicks are easily identify from chicken chicks, via a little feather stub between their eyes [close to the beak.]

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home